Shhhhh!! Please do not mention this to anyone, but for many divers Puerto Rico is one of the best kept secrets in the world for spectacular shore diving. ♥
On the wild, wild west we have marine reserve “Steps” Beach in Rincón which is famous for excellent snorkeling; “Crash Boat” and “El Natural” in Aguadilla with healthy reefs and average 80’ vizibility; the “Isabela Caves” with mind-blowing caverns and swim-thru formations; “Los Tubos” and “Mar Chiquita” beach in Manatí with mediterranean-like underwater routes loaded with marine life; “Cerro Gordo” public beach in Vega Alta excellent for diving and 200’+ drop offs and trails along the camping sites; and last but not least, our lovely “Escambrón Marine Park” in San Juan with a diverse bottom composition like the thrilling Hilton Tunnel underwater which takes you out to explore the Labyrinths Reef.
Through this “Beach Day Trips” service you can enjoy a full day of underwater adventures off the beaten track. Depending on weather conditions, certification level and the activity of your choice, this excursion can take you to explore any two (2) of these sites (1 site for the Discover Scuba) with your personal tour guide.
Important Note: We do not have buses for transportation. It is best if the client either owns or rents a vehicle, but it can also be arranged directly with our tour guides. If that is the case, typically the guide transports guests and gear for a goodwill fee of $50 for one (1) person or $30pp for 2 or more persons to cover for gas and tolls.
- Snorkeling Trip: Full-Day Adventure exploring Off the Beaten Track
- Scuba Trip: Full-Day Adventure for Certified Divers exploring Off the Beaten Track
- Discover Scuba Trip: Beginners SCUBA Tour & Training exploring Off the Beaten Track
- Night dive Trip: 1-Tank to explore the underwater nightlife Off the Beaten Track
- Guided experience with a certified PADI professional
- Gear rentals with mask, snorkel, fins and inflatable vest
- Safety briefing on snorkeling basics and the local dive site
- Approximately 45 minutes exploring in the water
- Use of facilities with lockers, showers, restrooms, and gift shop
- Rash Guard or wetsuit is not included; if desired it’s available for purchase or rent
- A medical statement must be signed to confirm that you are in good health, otherwise get a signed physician approval
- A liability release must be filled and signed by all participants
- It is highly recommended to know how to swim and feel comfortable in the water
- Minors under 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult guardian
You may enjoy snorkeling, a scuba tour, discover scuba and/or night diving tours through this service. Select your preferred adventure here!
**For your safety, no flying permitted within eighteen (18) hours of your 2-tank SCUBA adventure at the Beach Day Trip.**
Payment is required to make your reservation; this confirms your commitment with us. Our duty is to coordinate all resources needed to render the best available service; that is our commitment to you. Full refunds are applicable for cancellations notified 48 hours prior to the reservation date. A 50% refund is applicable for cancellations notified 24 hours prior to the reservation date. We do not offer refunds for no-show, cancellations made less than 24 hours, or extreme circumstances on-site that may be life threating like thundering, near drowning scenario, or a “Mayday” call. Safety is always priority #1. At Scuba Dogs we strive to be Diver’s Best Friend and we sincerely appreciate your support and understanding.
All bookings are subject to change due to factors like weather conditions, staff availability, quorum and unexpected events.