LEARN TO TEACH WHAT YOU LOVE
The formula for happiness is really quite simple: Define what it is that you love to do and then get people to pay you for doing it. This is the reason why many certified divers continue their path all the way up to PADI Instructor; in search for an extraordinary life doing what they love. Diving!! ♥
If this resonates with you, then keep reading. The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is made up of two (2) parts: the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program. Most dive professionals complete the entire IDC including both together. This is the way we like to offer the training to prepare you for the Instructor Examination (IE), which is your final step directly with a PADI Examiner to earn your PADI Instructor certification.
- Theory review and group discussions
- Minimum of five (5) days, usually more like seven (7) to learn the PADI core courses
- PADI Standards and Procedures for courses you can teach and certify
- Learning, Instuction and the PADI System
- Risk Management and Diver Safety
- The Business of Diving and your role as an Instructor
- Marketing diving and sales counseling
- Unlimited amount of tank rentals for tours and training
- Internship opportunities with Scuba Dogs’ PADI professional
- Three (3) Scuba Dogs locations with excellent facilities
- All stages under direct supervision by a certified PADI Course Director
- All required processing to participate in official PADI IE examination
What’s Not include:
- Knowledge development training online, enroll directly with PADI here: https://www.padi.com/dive-center/puerto-rico/scuba-dogs/#courses
- Full SCUBA equipment with BCD, regulator, dive computer, compass, dive knife, surface signaling device, dive lights, etc.
- PADI Membership and professional insurance, upon completion
- Must be at least 18 years old
- PADI Divemaster certification or equivalent from a recognized diving organization (NAUI, SSI)
- CPR and First Aid certification within 24 months
- Completed a minimum of 60 logged dives to begin the course and 100 dives by the end of the training
- A Medical Statement must be signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- A Liability Release and Statement of Understanding must be filled and signed by all participants
- Purchase and complete the E-learning theory on-line directly with PADI
- Maximum of one (1) year to complete the training from the beginning day
We offer this training only in the Guaynabo Shop, but often use the other facilities for drills, reviews, and internship training. We have 2 options to complete the training:
- GROUP TRAINING
Bringing together a group minimum of five (5) or more participants is certainly the most common way of completing this professional training. Specific days and times are agreed upon with our PADI Course Direct to cover all required components of this training.
2. INDIVIDUAL TRAINING
This is the most flexible method of training giving our clients the benefit of a more personalized training and control to determine specific days and times to cover the required components of the IDC.
Please consider our cancellation policy below to provide you with the best possible service. We hope to see you in the water very soon and help in your new professional career path.
Payment is required to make your reservation; this confirms your commitment with us. Our duty is to coordinate all resources needed to render the best available service; that is our commitment to you. Full refunds are applicable for cancellations notified 48 hours prior to the reservation date. A 50% refund is applicable for cancellations notified 24 hours prior to the reservation date. We do not offer refunds for no-show, cancellations made less than 24 hours, or extreme circumstances on-site that may be life threating like thundering, near drowning scenario, or a “Mayday” call. Safety is always priority #1. At Scuba Dogs we strive to be Diver’s Best Friend and we sincerely appreciate your support and understand