BECOME A DIVE PRO
Share your passion for scuba diving by becoming a PADI Divemaster. This course teaches you to be a leader and take charge as a diving professional. Through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities, as well as assist with scuba classes.
- Theory review and group discussions
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
- Unlimited amount of tank rentals for tours and training
- Internship opportunities with Scuba Dogs’ PADI professional
- Three (3) Scuba Dogs locations with excellent facilities
- All stages under direct supervision by a certified PADI Instructor
- Processing of PADI Divemaster certification, upon completion
What’s Not include:
- Knowledge development training online, enroll directly with PADI here: https://www.padi.com/dive-center/puerto-rico/scuba-dogs/#courses
- Full SCUBA equipment with BCD, regulator, dive computer, compass, dive knife, surface signaling device, dive lights, etc.
- PADI Membership and professional insurance, upon completion
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Rescue Diver certification from a recognized diving organization (PADI, NAUI, SSI)
- CPR and First Aid certification within 24 months
- Successfully complete a water skills assessment
- Completed a minimum of 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn your certification.
- A Medical Statement must be signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- A Liability Release and Statement of Understanding must be filled and signed by all participants
- Purchase and complete the E-learning theory on-line directly with PADI
- Maximum of one (1) year to complete the training from the beginning day
We are happy to say that we can offer the following three (3) options to conduct your training:
- GROUP TRAINING
At the same price since our beginnings in 2000, the group form offers the opportunity to schedule class meetings for theory discussion, explore different sites and complete your training in approximately 6 months. Beginning with an orientation meeting, join your PADI Instructor to discuss the certification requirements and agree on specific dates with your group of five (5) or more participants. New trainings begin usually once a year once reaching said required quorum.
2. INDIVIDUAL TRAINING
This is the most flexible method of training giving our clients the control to determine specific day to begin your training; always considering the weather and staff availability. It is also a preferred mode because of the small group logistics allowing more one-on-one quality training with a maximum limit of 4 participants. The full required training usually takes between 3 to 6 months, but may be completed faster as could be agreed with your assigned PADI Instructor.
Select your preferred location on the links below for prices and available discounts. Please consider our cancellation policy below to provide you with the best possible service. We hope to see you in the water very soon. Best fishes!! =)
Payment is required to make your reservation; this confirms your commitment with us. Our duty is to coordinate all resources needed to render the best available service; that is our commitment to you. Full refunds are applicable for cancellations notified 48 hours prior to the reservation date. A 50% refund is applicable for cancellations notified 24 hours prior to the reservation date. We do not offer refunds for no-show, cancellations made less than 24 hours, or extreme circumstances on-site that may be life threating like thundering, near drowning scenario, or a “Mayday” call. Safety is always priority #1. At Scuba Dogs we strive to be Diver’s Best Friend and we sincerely appreciate your support and understand