BECOME A DIVE PRO
Share your passion for SCUBA diving by becoming a PADI Divemaster. This course teaches you to be a leader and take charge as a diving professional. Through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities, as well as assist with scuba classes.
- Theory review and group discussions
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a SCUBA review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
- Unlimited amount of tank rentals for tours and training
- Internship opportunities with Scuba Dogs’ PADI professional
- Three (3) Scuba Dogs locations with excellent facilities
- All stages under direct supervision by a certified PADI Instructor
- Processing of PADI Divemaster certification, upon completion
- Knowledge development training online, enroll directly with PADI here: https://www.padi.com/courses/divemaster?irra=20496
- Full SCUBA equipment with BCD, regulator, dive computer, compass, dive knife, surface signaling device, dive lights, etc.
- PADI Membership and professional insurance, upon completion
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Rescue Diver certification from a recognized diving organization (PADI, NAUI, SSI)
- CPR and First Aid certification within 24 months
- Successfully complete a water skills assessment
- Completed a minimum of 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn your certification.
- A Medical Statement must be signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- A Liability Release and Statement of Understanding must be filled and signed by all participants
- Purchase and complete the E-learning theory on-line directly with PADI
- Maximum of one (1) year to complete the training from the beginning day
We offer the following three (3) options to conduct your training:
- INDIVIDUAL TRAINING
This option gives you the control to determine the specific dates to conduct the aquatic sessions; always considering the weather and staff availability. It is the preferred mode because of the small group logistics allowing more individual quality training with a maximum of 5 participants. The full required training can be done in either two (2) or three (3) days, typically running from 8am until 2pm. Our recommendation is the 3-day program to separate the confined water from the open water sessions, which can be done in our heated pool in Guaynabo. However, the 2-day program is typically the most popular among our clients for scheduling logistics. Your flexibility is greatfully appreciated in order to coordinate accordingly.
2. PRIVATE TRAINING
This is a unique service that we are happy to offer for exclusive private training. This allows our customers to receive a higher level of training and personalized attention scheduling the aquatic sessions at their best convenience. For private training, the rate is simply double of the Individual Training mode and no other participants may join the group aside from your party.
This option may be required to complete the training if no other participant signs up for your specific date, or reschedule at a more convenient time. Your flexibility is greatfully appreciated in order to coordinate accordingly.
3. GROUP TRAINING
As with the group events, this training modality is available with a 50% discount from the regular Individual Training mode, when a group of fifteen (15) or more friends and family participants is formed. This training mode is coordinated with a minimum of two (2) PADI Professionals to assure safety and can be provided in different dive sites, again subject to weather and staff availability. Beginning with an orientation meeting, your PADI Instructor will discuss the dive theory review and logistics to provide an amazing experience for your group.
Hey, who doesn’t love a bargain? We are happy to offer the following discounts on all tours and trainings to our customers:
- $25 off per person when booking for 2+ participants
- 50% off for groups of 15+ participants (perfect for birthdays, special celebrations, and corporate events)
- $10 off when bringing your full gear
- $10 off for Copamarina guests @ GuánicAmazing
Select your preferred location on the links below for prices and available discounts. Please consider our cancellation policy below to provide you with the best possible service. We hope to see you in the water very soon. Best fishes!! =)
Payment is required to make your reservation; this confirms your commitment with us. Our duty is to coordinate all resources needed to render the best available service; that is our commitment to you. Full refunds are applicable for cancellations notified 48 hours prior to the reservation date. A 50% refund is applicable for cancellations notified 24 hours prior to the reservation date. We do not offer refunds for no-show, cancellations made less than 24 hours, or extreme circumstances on-site that may be life threating like thundering, near drowning scenario, or a “Mayday” call. Safety is always priority #1. At Scuba Dogs we strive to be Diver’s Best Friend and we sincerely appreciate your support and understand.
All bookings are subject to change due to factors like weather conditions, staff availability, quorum and unexpected events.