GET CERTIFIED FOR SCUBA
The PADI Open Water Diver course is your first step towards a lifetime of adventure underwater. The course is offered in the following three (3) stages:
- Knowledge Development: Understanding the science in diving and best practices is the first step to assure your safety and enjoyment. This must be completed before entering the water for your aquatic training, you can enroll directly with PADI Online here: https://www.padi.com/courses/open-water-diver?irra=20496
- Confined Water Training: This is where you will learn and practice all the required SCUBA skills in a pool or pool-like conditions in the ocean. You will complete a total of (5) confined training sessions with your certified PADI Instructor that will prepare you for the open water training dives that follow.
- Open Water Training: Last but not least, all the knowledge development and dive skills you have acquired will now be applied in a total of four (4) open water immersions exploring our local dive sites. These are typically shore dives at the Escambrón Marine Park where we have our shop with all gear and facilities. However, you may choose to complete all or parts of your training boat diving at GuánicAmazing in Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa.
- Theory discussion on the science of diving with a “Quick Review” quiz
- Skills training circuit with five (5) modules in confined environment
- Four (4) open water dive training immersions
- SCUBA gear rental with BCD, regulator and tanks
- Snorkeling gear with mask, snorkel, fins, and weights rentals
- Excellent facilities with lockers, showers, restrooms and gift shop
- All stages under direct supervision by a certified PADI Instructor
- PADI Open Water Diver certification license upon completion
- Towels; available for purchase
- Swim wear; rashguard or wetsuit is available for purchase or rent if desired
- Transportation; rental car, taxi or Uber is recommended
- Must be 12+ years. Children between 10-11 years old can take this course, but we recommend first taking the PADI Seal Team program in the pool to help them master their skills before diving in open water environments
- Successfully complete a water skills assessment swimming a distance of 200 meters or snorkeling 300 meters, and be able to float for 10 minutes in water too deep to stand up in
- A Medical Statement must be signed to confirm that you are in good health, otherwise get a signed physician approval before your aquatic training
- A Liability Release and Statement of Understanding must be filled and signed by all participants
- Purchase and complete the E-learning theory on-line directly with PADI: https://www.padi.com/courses/open-water-diver?irra=20496
We offer the following three (3) options to conduct your training:
- INDIVIDUAL TRAINING
This option gives you the control to determine the specific dates to conduct the aquatic sessions; always considering the weather and staff availability. It is the preferred mode because of the small group logistics allowing more individual quality training with a maximum of 5 participants. The full required training can be done in either two (2) or three (3) days, typically running from 8am until 2pm. Our recommendation is the 3-day program to separate the confined water from the open water sessions, which can be done in our heated pool in Guaynabo. However, the 2-day program is typically the most popular among our clients for scheduling logistics. Your flexibility is greatfully appreciated in order to coordinate accordingly.
2. PRIVATE TRAINING
This is a unique service that we are happy to offer for exclusive private training. This allows our customers to receive a higher level of training and personalized attention scheduling the aquatic sessions at their best convenience. For private training, the rate is simply double of the Individual Training mode and no other participants may join the group aside from your party.
This option may be required to complete the training if no other participant signs up for your specific date, or reschedule at a more convenient time. Your flexibility is greatfully appreciated in order to coordinate accordingly.
3. GROUP TRAINING
As with the group events, this training modality is available with a 50% discount from the regular Individual Training mode, when a group of fifteen (15) or more friends and family participants is formed. This training mode is coordinated with a minimum of two (2) PADI Professionals to assure safety and can be provided in different dive sites, again subject to weather and staff availability. Beginning with an orientation meeting, your PADI Instructor will discuss the dive theory review and logistics to provide an amazing experience for your group.
Hey, who doesn’t love a bargain? We are happy to offer the following discounts on all tours and trainings to our customers:
- $25 off per person when booking for 2+ participants
- 50% off for groups of 15+ participants (perfect for birthdays, special celebrations, and corporate events)
- $10 off when bringing your full gear
- $10 off for Copamarina guests @ GuánicAmazing
Select your preferred location on the links below for prices and available discounts. Please consider our cancellation policy below to provide you with the best possible service.
For more information and/or only completing portions of your PADI Open Water Diver training (ex. Confined Water or 2 OW Training Dives), do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 787-783-6377.
We hope to see you in the water very soon. Best fishes!! =)
Payment is required to make your reservation; this confirms your commitment with us. Our duty is to coordinate all resources needed to render the best available service; that is our commitment to you. Full refunds are applicable for cancellations notified 48 hours prior to the reservation date. A 50% refund is applicable for cancellations notified 24 hours prior to the reservation date. We do not offer refunds for no-show, cancellations made less than 24 hours, or extreme circumstances on-site that may be life threating like thundering, near drowning scenario, or a “Mayday” call. Safety is always priority #1. At Scuba Dogs we strive to be Diver’s Best Friend and we sincerely appreciate your support and understand.
All bookings are subject to change due to factors like weather conditions, staff availability, quorum and unexpected events.