GET CERTIFIED FOR SCUBA
The PADI Open Water Diver course is your first step towards a lifetime of adventure underwater. The course is offered in the following three (3) stages:
- Knowledge Development: Understanding the science in diving and best practices is the first step to assure your safety and enjoyment. This must be completed before entering the water for your aquatic training, you can enroll directly with PADI Online here: https://www.padi.com/courses/open-water-diver?irra=20496
- Confined Water Training: This is where you will learn and practice all the required scuba skills in a pool or pool-like conditions in the ocean. You will complete a total of (5) confined training sessions with your certified PADI Instructor that will prepare you for the open water training dives that follow.
- Open Water Training: Last but not least, all the knowledge development and dive skills you have acquired will now be applied in a total of four (4) open water immersions exploring our local dive sites. These are typically shore dives at the Escambrón Marine Park where we have our shop with all gear and facilities. However, you may choose to complete all or parts of your training boat diving at GuánicAmazing in Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa.
- Theory discussion on the science of diving with a “Quick Review” quiz
- Skills training circuit with five (5) modules in confined environment
- Four (4) open water dive immersions
- Scuba gear rental with BCD, regulator and tanks
- Snorkeling gear with mask, snorkel, fins, and weights rentals also included in the individual and private trainings
- Excellent facilities with lockers, showers, restrooms and gift shop
- All stages under direct supervision by a certified PADI Instructor
- PADI Open Water Diver certification license upon completion
What’s not included:
- Towels; please bring with a bathing suit
- Swim wear; rashguard or wetsuit is available for purchase or rent if desired
- Transportation; rental car, taxi or Uber is recommended
- Must be 12+ years. Children between 10-11 years old can take this course, but we recommend first taking the PADI Seal Team program in the pool to help them master their skills before heading out into open water environments
- Successfully complete a water skills assessment swimming a distance of 200 meters or snorkeling 300 meters, and be able to float for 10 minutes
- A Medical Statement must be signed to confirm that you are in good health, otherwise get a signed physician approval
- A Liability Release and Statement of Understanding must be filled and signed by all participants
- Purchase and complete the E-learning theory on-line directly with PADI
We are happy to say that we can offer the following three (3) options to conduct your training:
- GROUP TRAINING
At the same price since our beginnings in 2000, the group form offers the opportunity to schedule class meetings for theory discussion, explore different sites and complete your training in approximately 4-8 weeks. Beginning with an orientation meeting, join your PADI Instructor to discuss the certification requirements and agree on specific dates with the group of six (6) or more participants. New trainings begin every month on the second Monday at 6pm meeting the required quorum. If interested, you may book now to join the 5+ new buddies that will be taking the next course with you.
- INDIVIDUAL TRAINING
This option of training gives you the control to determine the specific dates to conduct the aquatic sessions; always considering the weather and staff availability. It is also a preferred mode because of the small group logistics allowing more one-on-one quality training with a maximum limit of 5 participants. The full required training can be done in two (2) or three (3) days, typically running from 8am until 2pm. Our recommendation is the 3-day program to separate the confined water from the open water sessions, which allows for an additional day of training with your PADI Instructor. However, the 2-day program is typically the most popular joining a maximum of 4 new buddies in the training (maximum 5).
- PRIVATE TRAINING
This is a unique service that we are happy to offer our guests for exclusive, one-on-one training. This allows our customers to receive a higher level of service and training, and schedule the aquatic sessions at their best convenience. For small groups with 1-4 participants, the rate is simply double of the Individual Training mode. For larger groups with 5+ participants, the rate is double the Group Training mode. In this modality, no more participants may join this group.
If you would like to book this exclusive service, kindly click here to coordinate.
Select your preferred location on the links below for prices and available discounts. Please consider our cancellation policy below to provide you with the best possible service.
For more information and/or only completing portions of your PADI Open Water Diver training (ex. Confined Water or 2 OW Training Dives), do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 787-783-6377.
We hope to see you in the water very soon. Best fishes!! =)
ESCAMBRON MARINE PARK @ SAN JUAN, PR
Payment is required to make your reservation; this confirms your commitment with us. Our duty is to coordinate all resources needed to render the best available service; that is our commitment to you. Full refunds are applicable for cancellations notified 48 hours prior to the reservation date. A 50% refund is applicable for cancellations notified 24 hours prior to the reservation date. We do not offer refunds for no-show, cancellations made less than 24 hours, or extreme circumstances on-site that may be life threating like thundering, near drowning scenario, or a “Mayday” call. Safety is always priority #1. At Scuba Dogs we strive to be Diver’s Best Friend and we sincerely appreciate your support and understand.
All bookings are subject to change due to factors like weather conditions, staff availability, quorum and unexpected events.