LEARN TO MASTER YOUR SKILLS
The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps build confidence and expand your diving skills through different adventure dives. The training requires five (5) dive immersions including underwater navigation and deep diving as compulsory. You may choose the other three (3) specialty dives between Fish Identification, Night Diving, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Digital Underwater Imaging, Search & Recovery, Underwater Naturalist, Dive Against Debris, and Wreck Diver, among others.
The option of a boat dive during your training can be accommodated at an additional price. For boat diving with Scuba Dogs at GuánicAmazing a 50% discount is applied for participants of Individual and Private training. For boat diving in all other locations such as Fajardo, Culebra, Vieques or Desecheo, the student must pay full price.
The course is offered in two (2) stages:
- Knowledge Development: The Advanced Diver course is the only core training offered by PADI that does not include a final exam. This training is more about acquiring a deeper level of practice and understanding in advanced diving scenarios. Kindly enter here to enroll and complete the theory portion of your advanced specialties directly with PADI Online: https://www.padi.com/courses/advanced-open-water?irra=20496
- Open Water Dives: Complete a total of five (5) advanced open water immersions focusing on the specialized skills as you explore our local dive sites with a certified PADI Instructor. These are shore dives, typically at the Escambrón Marine Park where we have our shop with all gear and facilities. However, you may choose to complete the last training day boat diving at GuánicAmazing with a 50% discount for participants doing the Individual and Private training modality.
- Theory review on each advanced specialty
- Five (5) advanced training immersions
- Excellent facilities with lockers, showers, restrooms and gift shop
- Scuba gear rental with BCD, regulator and tanks
- Snorkeling gear with mask, snorkel, fins, and weights also included in the individual and private trainings
- All stages under direct supervision by a certified PADI Instructor
- PADI Advanced Diver certification license upon completion
What’s not included:
- Towels; please bring with a bathing suit
- Swim wear; rashguard or wetsuit is available for purchase or rent if desired
- Transportation; rental car, taxi or Uber is recommended
- Must be 12+ years. Children between 10-11 years old can take this course, but we recommend first taking the PADI Seal Team program in the pool to help them master their skills before heading out into open water environments
- Open Water Diver certification from a recognized diving organization (PADI, NAUI, SSI)
- A Medical Statement must be signed to confirm that you are in good health, otherwise get a signed physician approval
- A Liability Release and Statement of Understanding must be filled and signed by all participants
- Purchase and complete the E-learning theory on-line directly with PADI
We are happy to say that we can offer the following three (3) options to conduct your training:
- GROUP TRAINING
At the same price since our beginnings in 2000, the group form offers the opportunity to schedule class meetings for theory discussion, explore different sites and complete your training in approximately 4-8 weeks. Beginning with an orientation meeting, join your PADI Instructor to discuss the certification requirements and agree on specific dates with your group of five (5) or more participants. New trainings begin every month on the third Monday at 6pm meeting the required quorum.
- INDIVIDUAL TRAINING
This option of training gives you the control to determine the specific dates to conduct the aquatic sessions; always considering the weather and staff availability. It is also a preferred mode because of the small group logistics allowing more one-on-one quality training with a maximum limit of 4 participants. The full required training can be done in two (2) or three (3) days, typically running from 8am until 2pm. Our recommendation is the 3-day program to separate the confined water from the open water sessions, which allows for an additional day of training with your PADI Instructor. However, the 2-day program is typically the most popular joining a maximum of 3 new buddies in the training (maximum 4).
- PRIVATE TRAINING
This is a unique service that we are happy to offer our guests for exclusive, one-on-one training. This allows our customers to receive a higher level of service and training, and schedule the aquatic sessions at their best convenience. For small groups with 1-4 participants, the rate is simply double of the Individual Training mode. For larger groups with 5+ participants, the rate is double the Group Training mode. In this modality, no more participants may join this group.
Select your preferred location on the links below for prices and available discounts. Please consider our cancellation policy below to provide you with the best possible service. For more information, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 787-783-6377.
We hope to see you in the water very soon. Best fishes!! =)
Escambrón Marine Park in San Juan
GuánicAmazing @ Copamarina
Payment is required to make your reservation; this confirms your commitment with us. Our duty is to coordinate all resources needed to render the best available service; that is our commitment to you. Full refunds are applicable for cancellations notified 48 hours prior to the reservation date. A 50% refund is applicable for cancellations notified 24 hours prior to the reservation date. We do not offer refunds for no-show, cancellations made less than 24 hours, or extreme circumstances on-site that may be life threating like thundering, near drowning scenario, or a “Mayday” call. Safety is always priority #1. At Scuba Dogs we strive to be Diver’s Best Friend and we sincerely appreciate your support and understand