LEARN TO SAVE A LIFE UNDERWATER
Learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver. It’s challenging, yet very rewarding.
During the course, you learn to become a better buddy and safer diver by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
The Rescue course also includes full training and certification as an Emergency First Responder (EFR), including how to properly apply an AED (automatic external defibrillator), treat a choking adult and administer medical oxygen to a diver in need, among other first and secondary care skills.
The course is offered in three (3) stages:
- Knowledge Development: The theoretical component is critical in becoming an efficient Rescue Diver covering the principles, terms and techniques you need to know to manage and avoid emergencies. Kindly enter here to enroll and complete the theory portion of your course directly with PADI Online: https://www.padi.com/courses/rescue-diver
- You will also need to complete the Emergency First Response knowledge development available here: https://www.padi.com/courses/efr?irra=20496
- Open Water Training: Practice handling scenarios such as a leg cramp, managing an unconscious diver, rescue drills from shore, and assisting a tired diver on the surface by role-playing with other students and your Instructor. A total of twelve (12) rescue scenarios are taught and practiced in the five (5) open water dive immersions included in the course. These are shore dives, typically at the Escambrón Marine Park where we have our shop with all gear and facilities. However, you may choose to complete the last training day boat diving at GuánicAmazing with a 50% discount for participants doing the Individual and Private training modality.
- Emergency First Response (EFR) Course: Primary and secondary care training teaches you what to do in the critical moments between the moment a life-threatening emergency occurs and when emergency medical services arrive. Learn how to perform CPR, provide first aid that stabilizes your patient and eases pain, assess a variety of injuries and illnesses, practice bandaging and splinting, and more.
- Theory review and discussion
- Five (5) Open Water dives
- Twelve (12) rescue scenarios
- Emergency First Response practice
- Excellent facilities with lockers, showers, restrooms and gift shop
- Scuba gear rental with BCD, regulator and tanks
- Snorkeling gear with mask, snorkel, fins, and weights also included in the individual and private trainings
- First Aid materials for training are included; such as mannequin, AED Trainer, bandages and oxygen tank and kit
- All stages under direct supervision by a certified PADI Instructor
- PADI Rescue Diver and EFR certification licenses upon completion
What’s not included:
- Towels; please bring with a bathing suit
- Swim wear; rashguard or wetsuit is available for purchase or rent if desired
- Transportation; rental car, taxi or Uber is recommended
- Must be 12+ years. Children between 10-11 years old can take this course, but we recommend first taking the PADI Seal Team program in the pool to help them master their skills before heading out into open water environments
- Advanced Water Diver certification from a recognized diving organization (PADI, NAUI, SSI)
- A Medical Statement must be signed to confirm that you are in good health, otherwise get a signed physician approval
- A Liability Release and Statement of Understanding must be filled and signed by all participants
- Purchase and complete the E-learning theory on-line directly with PADI
- GROUP TRAINING
At the same price since our beginnings in 2000, the group form offers the opportunity to schedule class meetings for theory discussion, explore different sites and complete your training in approximately 4-8 weeks. Beginning with an orientation meeting, join your PADI Instructor to discuss the certification requirements and agree on specific dates with your group of six (6) or more participants. New trainings begin every month on the fourth Monday at 6pm meeting the required quorum.
- INDIVIDUAL TRAINING
This is the most flexible method of training giving our clients the control to determine specific dates and times to conduct the aquatic sessions; always considering the weather and staff availability. The full required training can be done in two (2) or three (3) days, typically running from 8am until 2pm. Our recommendation is the 3-day program in order to separate the confined water from the open water sessions, which allows for an additional day of training with your PADI Instructor.
- PRIVATE TRAINING
This is a unique service that we are happy to offer our guests for exclusive, one-on-one training. This allows our customers to receive a higher level of service and training, and schedule the aquatic sessions at their best convenience. For small groups with 1-4 participants, the rate is simply double of the Individual Training mode. For larger groups with 5+ participants, the rate is double the Group Training mode. In this modality, no more participants may join this group.
If you would like to book this exclusive service, kindly click here to coordinate.
Select your preferred adventure on the links below for prices and available discounts. Please consider our cancellation policy below to provide you with the best possible service. For more information, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 787-783-6377.
We hope to see you in the water very soon. Best fishes!! =)
Payment is required to make your reservation; this confirms your commitment with us. Our duty is to coordinate all resources needed to render the best available service; that is our commitment to you. Full refunds are applicable for cancellations notified 48 hours prior to the reservation date. A 50% refund is applicable for cancellations notified 24 hours prior to the reservation date. We do not offer refunds for no-show, cancellations made less than 24 hours, or extreme circumstances on-site that may be life threating like thundering, near drowning scenario, or a “Mayday” call. Safety is always priority #1. At Scuba Dogs we strive to be Diver’s Best Friend and we sincerely appreciate your support and understand.
All bookings are subject to change due to factors like weather conditions, staff availability, quorum and unexpected events.