LEARN TO SAVE A LIFE
The Rescue Diver course is all about becoming a safe diver, preventing and managing problems in the water, and learning how to save lives. It’s challenging, yet very rewarding.
The Rescue course also includes full training and certification as an Emergency First Responder (EFR), including how to properly apply an AED (automatic external defibrillator), treat a choking adult, and administer medical oxygen to a diver in need, among other first and secondary care skills.
The course is offered in three (3) stages:
- Knowledge Development: The theoretical component is critical in becoming an efficient Rescue Diver covering the principles, terms and techniques you need to know to manage and avoid emergencies. Kindly enter here to enroll and complete the theory portion of your course directly with PADI Online: https://www.padi.com/courses/rescue-diver
- You will also need to complete the Emergency First Response knowledge development available here: https://www.padi.com/courses/efr?irra=20496
- Open Water Training: Practice handling scenarios such as a leg cramp, managing an unconscious diver, rescue drills from shore, and assisting a tired diver on the surface by role-playing with other students and your Instructor. A total of twelve (12) rescue scenarios are taught and practiced in the five (5) open water dive immersions included in the course. These are shore dives, typically at the Escambrón Marine Park in San Juan where we have our shop with all gear and excellent facilities.
- Emergency First Response (EFR) Course: Primary and secondary care training teaches you what to do in the critical moments between the moment a life-threatening emergency occurs and when medical services arrive. Learn how to perform CPR, provide first aid that stabilizes your patient and eases pain, assess a variety of injuries and illnesses, practice bandaging and splinting, and more. This is typically conducted in our a/c classroom where we have all the training materials at the Aquatic Dive Center in Guaynabo.
- Theory review and discussion
- Five (5) Open Water dives
- Twelve (12) rescue scenarios
- Emergency First Response practice
- Excellent facilities with lockers, showers, restrooms and gift shop
- Scuba gear rental with BCD, regulator and tanks
- Snorkeling gear with mask, snorkel, fins, and weights also included in the individual and private trainings
- First Aid materials for training are included; such as mannequin, AED Trainer, bandages and oxygen tank and kit
- All stages under direct supervision by a certified PADI Instructor
- PADI Rescue Diver and EFR certification licenses upon completion
- Towels; please bring with a bathing suit
- Swim wear; rashguard or wetsuit is available for purchase or rent if desired
- Transportation; rental car, taxi or Uber is recommended
- Must be 12+ years. Children between 10-11 years old can take this course, but we recommend first taking the PADI Seal Team program in the pool to help them master their skills before heading out into open water environments
- Advanced Water Diver certification from a recognized diving organization (PADI, NAUI, SSI)
- A Medical Statement must be signed to confirm that you are in good health, otherwise get a signed physician approval
- A Liability Release and Statement of Understanding must be filled and signed by all participants
- Purchase and complete the E-learning theory on-line directly with PADI
We offer the following three (3) options to conduct your training:
- INDIVIDUAL TRAINING
This option gives you the control to determine the specific dates to conduct the aquatic sessions; always considering the weather and staff availability. It is the preferred mode because of the small group logistics allowing more individual quality training with a maximum of 5 participants. The full required training can be done in either two (2) or three (3) days, typically running from 8am until 2pm. Our recommendation is the 3-day program to separate the confined water from the open water sessions, which can be done in our heated pool in Guaynabo. However, the 2-day program is typically the most popular among our clients for scheduling logistics. Your flexibility is greatfully appreciated in order to coordinate accordingly.
2. PRIVATE TRAINING
This is a unique service that we are happy to offer for exclusive private training. This allows our customers to receive a higher level of training and personalized attention scheduling the aquatic sessions at their best convenience. For private training, the rate is simply double of the Individual Training mode and no other participants may join the group aside from your party.
This option may be required to complete the training if no other participant signs up for your specific date, or reschedule at a more convenient time. Your flexibility is greatfully appreciated in order to coordinate accordingly.
3. GROUP TRAINING
As with the group events, this training modality is available with a 50% discount from the regular Individual Training mode, when a group of fifteen (15) or more friends and family participants is formed. This training mode is coordinated with a minimum of two (2) PADI Professionals to assure safety and can be provided in different dive sites, again subject to weather and staff availability. Beginning with an orientation meeting, your PADI Instructor will discuss the dive theory review and logistics to provide an amazing experience for your group.
Hey, who doesn’t love a bargain? We are happy to offer the following discounts on all tours and trainings to our customers:
- $25 off per person when booking for 2+ participants
- 50% off for groups of 15+ participants (perfect for birthdays, special celebrations, and corporate events)
- $10 off when bringing your full gear
- $10 off for Copamarina guests @ GuánicAmazing
Select your preferred adventure on the links below for prices and available discounts. Please consider our cancellation policy below to provide you with the best possible service. For more information, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 787-783-6377.
We hope to see you in the water very soon. Best fishes!! =)
Payment is required to make your reservation; this confirms your commitment with us. Our duty is to coordinate all resources needed to render the best available service; that is our commitment to you. Full refunds are applicable for cancellations notified 48 hours prior to the reservation date. A 50% refund is applicable for cancellations notified 24 hours prior to the reservation date. We do not offer refunds for no-show, cancellations made less than 24 hours, or extreme circumstances on-site that may be life threating like thundering, near drowning scenario, or a “Mayday” call. Safety is always priority #1. At Scuba Dogs we strive to be Diver’s Best Friend and we sincerely appreciate your support and understand.
All bookings are subject to change due to factors like weather conditions, staff availability, quorum and unexpected events.