EPIC WORLD-CLASS DIVING
We know this as “GuánicAmazing” because of these unique features that make it a world-class destination for snorkeling and SCUBA diving in Puerto Rico:
– It is part of the Guánica Biosphere Reserve declared and protected by the United Nations since 1981
– Clear waters with 80’+ visibility any given day
– Healthy coral reef with a diverse and abundant tropical marine life
– Dynamic bottom composition ranging from fish nurseries in shallow mangroves, natural coral reef habitats along the coastline, up to a dramatic drop-off into the deep waters of the Pelagic ocean zones
– Large animal encounters are common underwater with sharks, rays, barracuda, turtles and manatees
– Excellent dive facilities with store area, storage, compressor, restrooms, briefing area, and excellent boats costume-made for diving with comfortable seating area, wet & dry gear storage area, fresh water hose, new platform with solid ladders for easy entry & exit access, and fully compliant with US Coast Guard standards
– All-inclusive services with boat trip, equipment rentals, professional guides, snacks, fruits, and refreshments
– The best accommodations in Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa offers with various pools, jacuzzis, tennis courts, activity center, beach-front dock, bars, restaurants, Spa-massage center, live entertainment, and more…
We offer Discover Scuba Diving adventures off shore at Escambrón Marine Park in San Juan, boat diving at GuánicAmazing in Copamarina and shore diving in our Beach Day Trips off the beaten track around Puerto Rico. Please consider our cancellation policy below and select your preferred location:
There are 3 main areas to explore in GuánicAmazing perfect for all skill levels:
The Wall: An active tectonic plate running along 40 miles south of the island between 3 to 7 miles off the coastline makes up this world-class, epic dive site. Averaging 80’+ visibility, “The Wall” drops from around 50’ to over 2,000’ deep into the abyss of the pelagic zone. Expect to encounter large animal encounters like sharks and barracudas within this ever-growing ecosystem. This site is mainly for advanced and seasoned divers.
The Epicenter: A fissure opening caused by an earthquake in January 2020 gives “The Epicenter” it’s extraordinary name. About 50’-60’ deep in the oceanic floor is home to a great diversity and abundance of healthy coral reefs and tropical marine life such as yellowtail snappers, groupers, angels, rays, and turtles. This site is mainly for open water level and above certified divers.
Gilligan’s Island: This lovely site named after the popular TV show, also known as “Cayo Aurora”, is located about a mile off the Guánica coast and is part of the protected Biosphere Reserve managed by the PR Department of Natural Resources (DRNA). It is composed of natural pools with crystal-clear waters offering the opportunity to explore both mangrove and coral reef ecosystems. Mainly for beginner divers and snorkelers, this site has a great abundance of marine life including rays and manatees.
Payment is required to make your reservation; this confirms your commitment with us. Our duty is to coordinate all resources needed to render the best available service; that is our commitment to you. Full refunds are applicable for cancellations notified 48 hours prior to the reservation date. A 50% refund is applicable for cancellations notified 24 hours prior to the reservation date. We do not offer refunds for no-show, cancellations made less than 24 hours, or extreme circumstances on-site that may be life threating like thundering, near drowning scenario, or a “Mayday” call. Safety is always priority #1. At Scuba Dogs we strive to be Diver’s Best Friend and we sincerely appreciate your support and understanding.